September 11, 2019
24i demonstrates new customer growth and the power of partnerships at IBC 2019
24i, the industry-leading, global video experience company, today announced that it will present at IBC 2019 (Stand 14.G04) exciting early 2019 customer wins and significant growth in partners joining its SmartOTT Backstage ecosystem.
Martijn van Horssen, Joint-CEO of 24i, said, “IBC2019 marks an important milestone in our 10-year history. As our biggest year of growth to date we celebrate significant customer wins on both sides of the Atlantic and strong traction with our Backstage product suite for partners ecosystem; in addition, becoming part of the Amino Technologies Group in July 2019, has accelerated our momentum in what already was a highly successful year.”
New customer video experiences to be presented by 24i at IBC include:
- KPN – 24i built the Samsung Smart TV application for KPN, the leading ISP in the Netherlands. The application enables KPN IPTV subscribers to access their favorite content from their Samsung Smart TVs and enjoy operator features such as pause live TV; replay TV and Network PVR.
- NPO Netherlands – 24i enabled NPO, the Dutch public broadcaster, to launch NPO Start Kind, a child-friendly, niche application within its NPO Start OTT video service. Start Kind provides young viewers with a safe, curated environment within which they can watch and explore a rich library of family-favorite programs.
- PureFlix – In partnership with Comcast Technology Solutions, 24i provided PureFlix with a future-proof, cost-efficient solution to rapidly create and deploy a consistent, engaging and user-friendly video experience across all connected devices and platforms.
- Sinclair’s STIRR, powered by 24i Media’s app technology, makes popular national news, sports, entertainment, local news and other content available on a variety of mobile and connected TV device platforms in the U.S.
Also on show from 24i is the Company's flexible, modular, cloud-based SmartOTT Backstage™ app management platform which, together with a powerful partner ecosystem, enables operators, broadcasters and media companies to readily create next-generation, branded video experiences and best-manage and monetize their content on any platform and device.
The quality and number of members of our partners program shows that we’ve got the right architecture and approach for the future of OTT,” adds Martijn van Horssen. ”Our SmartOTT Backstage ecosystem provides a much simpler route to OTT success for our customers and includes serious benefits in time-to-market, lower CAPEX and OPEX, as well as adding far greater power and flexibility through pre-integration with specialist solution providers. I’m looking forward to growing SmartOTT Backstage with our partners.”
Already integrated with the 24i SmartOTT Backstage™ platform are:
- AI metadata : Microsoft Video Indexer
- Transcoding: Bitmovin, Google and Coconut
- OVP: Verizon Digital Marketing Services, Comcast Technology Solutions, Kaltura and Brightcove
- Recommendation: Xroadmedia and IRIS.TV
- Analytics: JumpTV and Google
- Next-generation advertising: Google DFP and Freewheel
- Payment services: Cleeng and Stripe
- Subscription management services: Cleeng and Okta
- User retention: Cleeng and Wicketlabs
During IBC, 24i will present:
- Next Generation video experiences from Slovak Telecom, NPO, iflix, KPN, PureFlix, RTE, NLZIET, Fox Sports, Globo, and Sinclair Broadcasting Services, all powered by 24i’s products.
- The powerful new combination of 24i’s SmartOTT video experience framework with Amino’s back-end software to address Live VOD and EPG content across iOs, Android, Web, and Android TV.
- Data-driven UX examples from Microsoft Video Indexer and 24i Backstage.
- Operator Tier Android launcher video experiences for live content and EPG.
- HbbTV TV video experiences which include rich EPG, Archive, Live TV and TV Games
- Voice-driven video experiences.
Martijn van Horssen will be speaking at the following IBC events:
Saturday, September 14th.
11:00 – 11: 45: Artificial intelligence and machine learning in M&E process automation – CM Hub Theatre, Hall 14
12.00 – 17.00 – Google Android Launcher Workshop – Hotel Okura
Monday, September 16
16.30 – Bitmovin Expert Talk – Bitmovin, Stand E12, Hall 14