April 21, 2017
24i integrates with Microsoft Azure for smarter personalized discovery and user experience
24i Media, a leading provider of multi-screen TV apps, announced today that they have integrated the cloud-based Microsoft Cognitive Services Recommendations API to enable their customers to easily build a smarter recommendation engine. The Recommendations API is pre-integrated in 24i’s recently launched CMS, SmartOTT Backstage.
“The hottest driver for Over-the-Top (OTT) growth is customized, user-specific discovery algorithms – the ability to wow consumers with a stunning personalized user experience.” said Martijn Van Horssen. “By integrating Microsoft Cognitive Services Recommendations API, we empower our customers to take personalization to the next level and significantly reduce customer churn and increase revenue growth.”
Today’s viewers expect you to really know them and personalize your recommendations to help them through the search and discovery process. They also expect a service that is personalized and delightful at every stage of the experience from sign-up to discovery and viewing to renewals. With the Microsoft Cognitive Services Recommendations API, using cognitive computing to deliver a number of algorithm-derived results, such as Frequently Bought Together (FBT) products, item-to-item recommendations, and customer-to-item flows, 24i enables their customers to generate higher consumption, customer satisfaction and increased revenues with a smarter recommendation engine.
“24i Media underscores our commitment to provide our customers with state-of-the-art innovation in cloud technology. ,” said Tony Emerson, Managing Director, Worldwide Media & Cable at Microsoft Corp. “By integrating Recommendations API, part of Microsoft Cognitive Services, 24i allows their clients to customize what’s being fed based on the user history so their customers end up with higher engagement and lower churn – both key metrics for successful OTT services today.
Key features in the integrated recommendation API from Microsoft Azure:
- Recommendations; Viewers activity in the OTT service is used to recommend items and to improve conversion.
- Automated workflow; The integrated recommendation engine automatically prepares an environment for an OTT provider to upload their catalogue and usage data to.
- Reuse previous experience to make informed recommendations to viewers.
- Use knowledge of customer interest to show related content.
- Training; The recommendation engine can be trained by uploading data about past customer activity or by collecting data directly from your OTT service. When the viewer returns to your store you will be able to feature recommended items from your content catalogue that may increase your conversion rate.
- Increase the discoverability of their OTT service, across devices and regions. present content to viewers that they haven’t seen before, better discoverability brings more satisfied users who watch more content, which has a positive monetization effects for the operators.
Meet 24i at NAB Show 2017, booth #SU11702CM
24i will be exhibiting at the NAB Show in Vegas, April 24- 27, booth #SU11702CM where they will be showcasing their innovative stack of services and product offerings for broadcasters, networks and content owners. To learn more about the Microsoft Azure integration, the newly launched CMS, SmartOTT Backstage or to schedule a meeting with a 24i Media representative at the NAB Show, please visit http://www.24i.com/meet-us-nab-2017/
About 24i Media
24i is a leading vendor in Internet TV apps for all devices including mobile, Smart TV, Set-top-boxes, Pc/ Mac , game consoles etc., empowering broadcasters, content owners and operators with future-proof and flexible tools to create and monetize personalized TV apps, while accelerating time-to-market and reducing cost.
24i’s technology framework powers the digital experience for leading brands around the world, including RTL, Fox Sports, Viacom Media Networks, Sinclair Broadcasting Group, Televisa, Fuse Media and many more, delivering state-of-the-art OTT apps, designed to maximize ROI, create seamless consumer experiences and build personalized engagements across all platforms.
24i Media is headquartered in Amsterdam, with offices in Los Angeles, Buenos Aires, Madrid and Brno. For more information, please visit www.24i.com.
For more information, please contact:
Mob: + 45 29 66 64 20