Published February 5th, 2019
Research from Frost & Sullivan has revealed that the explosion of OTT and user generated (UG) video content in the current multiscreen environment is creating strong demand for monetization technologies among both content owners and advertisers.
The F&S report, Global Online Video Advertising Market, Forecast to 2023, calculates that the targetability, personalization capabilities and interactivity offered by online video advertising solutions will drive the $30 billion market toward $120 billion by 2023.
The study also notes that the rapidly expanding viewer pool of live/linear and video-on-demand (VOD) content such as sports and special events has spawned a large market for seamless ad delivery, with elements such as dynamic ad insertion, that is consistent across devices and platforms. It also says that cloud- powered server-side ad insertion will emerge the dominant technology as it meets stringent monetization and user experience demands.
“By the end of the forecast period, video ads are forecast to account for more than 20% ofall digital ad spending,” said Aravindh Vanchesan, digital transformation industry analyst at Frost & Sullivan and author of Global Online Video Advertising Market, Forecast to 2023.
“Mobile video ad spending, in particular, will account for 75% of digital video ad spend as advertisers, media companies, and publishers follow audiences away from traditional TV and desktop. While ad insertion technologies are finding high uptake among advertisers, ad blockers also are becoming common on both desktop and mobile platforms. This is resulting in lower completion rates and lost revenue opportunities…Besides, as the competition continues to intensify, there will be a need to prioritize market education and awareness initiatives to communicate vendors’ competitive strengths in capabilities.”
As the online video advertising market becomes increasingly populated, participants can stay competitive by seizing the growth opportunities presented by:
* Offering smooth, scalable, high-quality live video experiences optimized for
* Delivering targeted ads to millions of concurrent viewers.
* Engaging in merger & acquisition activity with regional, niche vendors, especially for ad tech solutions.
* Embedding products and services with personalization and customization capabilities such as user video profiles, recommendations, and localization for device and region.
* Ensuring scalability of DAI solutions, particularly for live video events.
As OTT continues to surge, media companies cannot afford to wait on the sidelines. Digital media consumers across generations are increasingly in the driver’s seat—and their expectations to content, quality and user experience, are at an all-time high. Some major shifts are now occurring. What are the implications for technology, media, and telecommunications companies?
What to expect:
- Be inspired by a wide range of presentations from highly respected, industry thought leaders
- Get updated on the latest trends and future of streaming media
- Strengthen and enhance your network with industry peers in an exclusive and relaxed setting
- Share experiences, best practices, and know-how
- A fabulous networking drink reception & delicious coffee breaks
Secure your ticket to the OTT Day in London today and gain a 360 degree view of the OTT ecosystem.
Apr 28, 2015
Apr 07, 2018
Apr 13, 2016